What Is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is on the cusp of becoming one of the fastest-growing and far-reaching mediums enjoyed by both marketers and consumers alike. This type of marketing involves using the much prevalent social media for brand development and lead generation.
The different types of social media marketing and their examples are as follows:
- Social networking - Facebook, Google+
- Photo Sharing - Instagram, Pinterest
- Video Sharing - YouTube
- Microblogging - Twitter, Tumblr
- Communication - WhatsApp
- Review Sites - Yelp, TripAdvisor
- Discussion based sites - Reddit, Quora
Benefits of Social Media Marketing For Business
- Social media helps businesses create a brand image online. If you are a small sized business or a large enterprise, having a social media presence is essential as that is where your target audience is.
- In UAE, 9.73 million people are active on various social media channels, and they spend, on an average, about 2 hours 57 minutes on these social apps.
- The diverse social media marketing channels help drive traffic to your website.
- They also help with brand recognition strategies and improve conversion rates.
Which Social Media Channel Will Be Most Effective For Your Business?
Before settling on one major social media or going overboard creating profiles on every channel available, ask yourself these questions:
- What do you aim to achieve with your social media marketing strategy?
- Where is your target audience?
- What social media marketing channels are your competitors using?
- How much time and money are you ready to invest?
- What type of content will you be creating?
These questions are important, as ‘one marketing strategy works for all’ approach does not belong with social media.
Top Social Media Marketing Channels For Your Business
Here are the top social media marketing channels in UAE, which will introduce your business to a whole new realm of online users.
This is the top-ranked social media site in UAE with 8.65 million users. People prefer watching videos more than reading text content.
You can create a YouTube channel and demonstrate how your product or service works. You can make educational content, collaborate with influencers on the platform, optimize your videos for SEO, run an advertising campaign and lastly understand the analytics offered by YouTube itself.
This social media has over 2.6 billion monthly active users around the globe. In the UAE, there are about 7.7 million people, which is about 79% of the population, using Facebook.
This social media provides a range of tools which can be incorporated into a business’s marketing strategy. One can create a business page, create or join Facebook groups, run targeted ad campaigns, create events and more.
With Facebook Insights, a business can keep track and measure the performance of a page.
Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media marketing for businesses with over a billion active users worldwide. Businesses have tasted success only by incorporating this single social media into their marketing strategy.
Always mark your profile as business as this provides you access to performance metrics which can be used to understand user behavior. Considering the current market trends, stories are a must implement feature of Instagram as they provide high engagement value.
Sponsored ads and influencer marketing are other strategies you can explore.
If you want to keep abreast with the latest news and trends on virtually any topic on Earth, Twitter is the place to be. Your business Twitter profile should be a reflection of your brand image. Your handle, bio, profile picture should all be consistent with brand logo and colors.
Promoted Tweets and Twitter Ads are different advertising tools on the platform. You could hold Twitter chats, create lists, use tweet moments and create engaging content to improve follower count.
With over 690 million users in 200+ countries, LinkedIn comparatively is one of the upcoming social media marketing channels. Keep your business profile up to date, understand your target audience and put relevant, engaging and informative content out.
Keywords optimize your page, use images and videos as they attract more engagement, run ad campaigns and use analytics to understand what type of content your users connect with.
There are different types of social media marketing channels available for your business to grow online, attract consumers and build a community. Do not get overwhelmed with the sea of opportunities on offer; spend time to chalk out clear marketing objectives.
Regardless of the size, always choose a social media platform where your target audience is the most active.